How to gather and handle customer feedback?
Customer feedback is one of the most valuable assets to any business. We provide our services to the customers and it’s important for us to know whether they are happy or not with the services they received.
Any business who promptly asks for customer feedback and properly handles them, definitely earns the customer’s trust. According to , the customer’s feedback gathered from surveys help the business to improvise in the quality of their services and enable them to come up with some good products as per the customer’s requirement.
Talks about the importance of customer feedback to any business. According to him customer feedback helps business in six different ways like;
- Help improve the quality of the product or services.
- It is one of the best ways to measure the customer satisfaction.
- It enables to take prompt actions in order to get better customer approach.
- Customer retention is possible with good customer services.
- The data received via feedback can help in coming up with effective business decisions.
- It can be used to identify the areas where more customer satisfaction is required.
Gathering customer feedback is another challenge that any business faces. It’s difficult to prompt customers to provide feedback on the products that they have utilized. , talks about some of the best ways to collect feedback from the customers;
- Live Chat Supports with feedback sessions: This is one of the best services that can be offered to the customers. Their problems or queries can be noted and addressed instantly with a live chat. Once done customers can be asked to provide a feedback about the services.
- Feedback form on the website: Providing customers with a proper, easy to use feedback form on the website would help in getting their views about the services.
- Email Surveys: Sending survey emails to the customers and asking them to provide a feedback can be another way to know what their perception is about your services.
- Call and ask for feedback: By giving a personal touch, you can directly call up the supplier after a certain period of business and ask for their views about your services.
- Social network: Keeping a habit of monitoring the social networks and following the views of different people is beneficial. This would help in knowing the current business position.
- Feedback form while confirming order online: This can include questions like whether the customer faced any problems with the website while shopping, or did he find the actual product that he was looking for, was he happy with the discounts offered in your website and so on.
- Conducting Poll: Polls can be used to get feedback from the customers. You may conduct a poll on your website or may send emails to the customers.
- Empty Cart: Existing customers can be asked the reason for their empty carts. They can be informed about various discounts available and asked to let you know if they are unhappy about any of the services which are holding them back in shopping with you again.
- Online Forum: Creating forums on your website and social networks are beneficial to have direct virtual contact with the customers and ask for their feedback to help you serve them even better in future.
- Other website feedback: You may also monitor public forums and blogs to know if any of an unsatisfied customer has raised his grievances in such forums. If yes, you may contact the customer and get his issues solved. This would help you retain the customer back.
There are still many other ways that would help you to get some great feedback from your customers to help you utilize them to the fullest in developing and improving your services. Get in touch with us and we would help in promoting your customers to provide you a genuine feedback.
Chron, n.d. Chron. [Online]
Available at: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/customer-service-theory-45500.html
Ross, B., 2014. Clinet Heartbeat. [Online]
Available at: http://blog.clientheartbeat.com/why-customer-feedback-is-important/
Zajdo, C., 2017. OPTIMONK. [Online]
Available at: http://www.optimonk.com/blog/15-ways-e-commerce-websites-get-customer-feedback/